- Regular admission to the Graduate School requires an undergraduate minimum GPA of 3.25, although our department does not require students to submit GRE scores. The graduate catalogue and graduate school application packets for domestic students are available online or by written request to the Graduate School, Box 3G, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM 88003-0003.
- The department requires the following information in addition to the online application: 3 letters of recommendation, a 750 word statement of purpose, at least one scholarly writing sample, the “financial support” information application, and a GPA of at least a 3.25. See forms below.
- International students must also apply through the International Student Services program.
- Graduate Assistantships: We typically have a limited number of assistantships available. Graduate assistants receive a stipend ($15,800 in 2010/2011), an out-of state tuition waiver, and generous office space to teach lab sections for the department’s basic courses. If you would like to apply for an assistantship, please complete the application materials below and include them with your graduate application to the Communication Studies MA program. Teaching assistantships are made on the basis of undergraduate coursework and GPA, statement of Intent and letters of recommendation. The deadline for applications is February 15th and November 15th.
See pp. 49-50 for Communication Studies program details and admission requirements
- For primary consideration for financial aid, you should be first admitted to NMSU.
- For general information about undergraduate scholarships, loans, grants and work study, go online or write to the NMSU Office of Financial Aid, Box 5100, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM 88003-0003.
Questions regarding admissions or scholarships? Please contact:
Dr. Kenneth Hacker, Department Head
Administrator Assistant: Cynthia Moore
Main Office: Speech Building, Room 304
Office Phone Number: (575) 646-2801