Your donation to the Communication Studies Department general fund will help the department in a variety of ways that are not student scholarships. These ways include the following:
- purchasing supplies for our teaching assistants (graduate students)
- sponsoring visits and lectures by nationally known communication scientists.
- buying books for our department libraries for use by graduate students and faculty members.
- helping the department to extend its public outreach efforts.
- obtaining general office supplies.
- installing safety and security equipment.
- updating software packages for research.
- hosting research skills workshops that can aid our graduate students who are doing empirical research and theses.
In today’s environment of tightened state financial resources for universities, money from this fund is very important for the effective operation of our department. If you would like us to recognize you on this site for your sizable donation and who you would like to recognize in giving, just let us know.
You can donate here.